The FDR-AX100/B is Sony’s first compact 4K consumer camcorder. freemxfconverter group previewed this model at CES 2014 in Las Vegas. It received more awards than any other camcorder. This model shoots at 4K Ultra HD (3840×2160) which is at 8 megapixels resolution verus only 2 megapixels for Full HD. In addition to shooting at 4 times the resolution of HD, this model has a huge 1-inch back-illuminated Exmor R® CMOS Sensor (20.9M pixels). This is far larger than most camcorder imagers, and will give exceptional low light performance and increased dynamic range. Shooting at this resolution will future proof your videos, as the industry moves toward 4K resolution in TVs. Footage in 4K can also be used for Full HD video production, as you can crop or zoom in on your footage and still maintain Full HD quality. For best image quality, Sony has equipped the FDR-AX100/B with a Carl Zeiss 12x Optical Zoom Lens.
FDR-AX100/B users can save the recorded videos as 3 different video types: XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs, XAVC-s is upgrade version XAVC, this codec is wrapped with MXF converter, user who want to convert XAVC-s MXF wrappeded container with the file extension name of .MXF can use our latest MXFConverter. besides MXF, we also add other codecs to enable decodec AVCHD MTS and MP4.
Screenshot of FDR-AX100/B
official High Light Key Features about FDR-AX100/B
- Capture 4K/30p video that far exceeds HD resolution
- 1" Exmor R® CMOS sensor with direct pixel readout
- 14MP video and 20MP still image capture
- XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 codecs
- Carl Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar T* lens with 12x optical zoom
- BIONZ® X Processor for 120 fps recording
- Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization with Active Mode
- High contrast 0.39" OLED EVF
- 3.5" XtraFine™ LCD (921K) display
- Smartphone connectivity via Wi-Fi®/NFC